Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Life as a SAHM

Life as a stay-at-home is always challenging as many of you know but it is a joy and there is no where else I'd rather be than with my kids. I used to be a lecturer at a local uni before I got married and moved with my husband to another state. Soon after, my daughter was conceived and I suffered from terrible all day long nausea. Thank God, our finances didn't require me to work and so staying at home was a possible option. I do miss teaching and I hope to return to work someday once both my kids are bigger. But for now I'm happy where I am. Why? Definitely because of the peace of mind. We do not have relatives who can take care of the kids if I were to work. How about daycare centres and nurseries you may ask. Almost every month you're bound to hear or read about children being abused, ill-treated and even dying. I know I could never forgive myself if someone hurt my children when I could have been taking care of them. So, for now my career aspirations take a back seat as I spend this wonderful time of their childhood with my precious darlings.

My current aspiration is be, in the eyes of my children.....
their very own exclusive super Mom : )




ha,ha,ha but seriously I'm far, far, far, far away from this..I think in the eyes of babies and toddlers, this is how they see their moms. Some grow up and still see their moms this way and if mine do I'd be thrilled no I'd be ecstatic. This cool clipart was from a site called www.123rf.com Check them out! I think they're fab.

So where was I? Currently, my list of chores have been cut down as we're in Sandakan, Sabah and living in a hotel so I can't cook. I love cooking and will share some recipes soon. We'll be going back this month for a short visit and I hope I get a chance to cook. I really do miss cooking for my husband and children.. I do not however miss washing the dishes
 : ) I still need to do it here...

My days revolve around my family and I have to say these are the best days of my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...