Tuesday, April 10, 2012

My Little Nuggets of Gold..

For the past week or so, my son who just turned 9 months yesterday (Happy 9 months my darling boy!) has been taking a step forward unaided. And promptly falling on his tush. Full of giggles, smiles and glee while Mummy beams on and his sister cheers.

Yesterday, he started doing something new. He'd quickly squat to prevent himself from sitting/falling. It really is wondrous to watch the natural instinct that leads a child of any age to do and say so many things. Who says I teach my kids, they teach me so much more. They show me what it means to be determined, patient and not give up and heck, smile while doing it.

They remind me to laugh and not be so uptight. They MAKE me laugh when I'm uptight. Whenever my daughter tries to get out of her car seat she'll say, "Help, Acha (Dad in Malayalam) I'm stuck, I'm stuck" to which my husband would promptly reply, "You're stuck for a reason". She would never acknowledge this with a response but would continue squirming. And start the cycle again. Then, one day as she was walking, she said, "Help, Acha, I'm stuck, I'm stuck". (Her slipper was slipping off) My husband worriedly - "Why, what happened?" She looks at him and gives one of her signature forlorn looks and says," I'm stuck. Stuck for a reason!" Ha,ha,ha really sometimes kids just blow you off with their replies and reasoning.

To my little nuggets of gold.. you will always be precious to me and Mummy loves you for what you are and who you make me...xoxo little ones...

Update: After I had posted this post, I found this on Parenting.com. What a coincidence!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...