Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sabah Road Trip: Tip of Borneo

The journey to the Tip of Borneo@Simpang Mengayau in Kudat was endless. I really felt like we were headed to the end of the world! We just kept driving on and on and on and still kept going. Get the picture? By the time we reached I was a little apprehensive. It was late Sunday evening and we were to drive to Kota Kinabalu after visiting the TOB (Tip of Borneo). Based on my self created itinerary, we were supposed to do a little shopping that night at one of the shopping complexes in KK. However, by the time we reached KK, all I wanted to do was to take a bath and rest. Besides, all the shopping complexes were closed. Was so looking forward to some retail therapy *sigh.


You can see many Catholic churches along the way


Our first view of the ocean..




The view from the car park...


The view from the car park

The view from the car park


From the car park we walked down this beautiful path....





And WHAM this greets you! We drove like forever to get there and then we had to walk quite a distance...(but it's worth it!)






My favourite photo

It's my favourite because you can see the current pulling inwards and outwards. You walk on...


And on...


And finally, the Tip of Borneo...



A truly beautiful place. Both my husband and I definitely want to visit this place again and stay a night or a couple of nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...