Monday, June 25, 2012

A week in Labuan

I find myself in Labuan for a week. We came here on an early morning Air Asia flight. My first impression of Labuan was not very good as it took ages and ages for our bags to arrive. And mind you ours was the only flight at that time in the well designed and clean airport, which is relatively small (so they should not have taken so long). I have to say that the airport personnel that I saw moved really slowly. But other than that., I have no complaints about Labuan.

First, a little info about Labuan. Labuan is an island southeast off the coast of Sabah, off the northwest coast of Borneo, north of Brunei Bay and faces the South China Sea. It is situated in East Malaysia and is a federal territory comprising the main island of Pulau Labuan and six smaller islands namely Pulau Kuraman, Pulau Daat, Pulau Rusukan Besar, Pulau Rusukan Kecil, Pulau Papan and Pulau Burung.

We are staying at the Waterfront.. I would definitely recommend this place. The rooms are really nice. I haven't taken photos yet, but will try to do that soon.

The 'mascot' of Labuan; swordfish. This is at the airport roundabout so you can't miss it. It really is beautiful when they turn the water on. Sometimes, it's switched off.



For photos of the hotel we stayed in, The Waterfront Hotel go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...