Saturday, October 20, 2012

Delacq Nails @ Sunway Pyramid

Last month I purchased my first Groupon. Yes, kind of late to hop on the Groupon train right.. I've wanted to take my mom for a manicure and pedicure for some time and when I saw this deal on Groupon, I thought, 'why not? sounds good.'

The deal I bought cost me RM70 at RM35 per person. Apparently it was on 73% discount and I saved RM102. Whatever the case, a classic Mani-Pedi + Scub + Foot Milk Bath at Delacq Nails, Sunway Pyramid sounded like a good deal. It had nothing to do with my addiction to online shopping  I mean who can resist a good deal, right?

Let me share a little bit more of their sales pitch with you. It goes like this, ' Before fingers were made for prodding delinquent eyeballs, they were designed primarily for scratching the cat. (Err??) Today's Groupon gives discipline a rest with a classic manicure and pedicure inclusive of scrub, foot milk bath, cuticle removal and quick-dry top coat. Classic manicure (30 minutes), Foot milk bath (5 minutes) and Classic Pedicure (90 minutes). Friendly nail engineers at the parlour welcome finger and foot sororities to meticulous shaping, exfoliating and cuticle preening. At the foot funfair, soled appendages take a dip in the milk bath and challenge each other to a race to achieve the delicate texture of caramel pudding. After effortlessly naming all 300 shades, guests may have their button presses and floor squeakers glazed onto crispy candied O.P.I shells that may only be licked, but not eaten.'

What do you think??

I managed to make an appointment with them. They were extremely busy, by which I mean totally booked. There was a free slot for a night appointment and my mom and I would be their last customers.

My mom's 'nail engineer' was A and mine was B. A really knew her shades and was able to find shades that my mother wanted. Which says a lot about her expertise in knowing her shades. She listened and  got the right shade with her first recommendation. No guessing games. She was very fast and efficient, although I would have liked her to slow down a little as there was a lot of time left and there wasn't any rush. B on the other hand took her time. She was fine until a lady walked in and wanted her nails done. Instead of sending her away, B was giving her ideas or tips or what I don't know. (They were talking in Chinese) B is a student from China. I didn't mind until she started to stop doing  my pedicure and just talk to this lady. My kids were waiting for me with my husband and my boy would be needing his milk soon. He's still being breastfed.  I told her firmly but nicely to concentrate. She took it well and didn't sulk. Long before this happened, A was already furious with B for not sending her away. There weren't any other 'nail engineers' except the two of them, you see. When it was time for the milk foot bath that I was curious about, they said that they had run out of the milk and used salt instead... Hmmm... Other than these two hiccups, we enjoyed ourselves.

All in all, I was happy with the service and the outcome. The ambience and general setting of the place is comfy, cosy and modern. As the place where my mom and I had her first mani-pedi experience, it will always be remembered. 

Here are photos that they put up on Groupon. 




Delacq Nails
Lot F1 AV126, AV127, AV129, AV130 (Asia Avenue, 1st Floor, Sunway Pyramid)
No 3, Jalan PJS 11/15, Petaling Jaya
03-74944288  
10 a.m. - 10 p.m. daily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...