Wednesday, March 28, 2012

1derful ONE!!

It feels like it was just a few months ago that I was planning my daughter's 1st birthday celebration. Instead it's just been a year and a half. Soon I shall be looking forward to my little princess' birthday party but before that I have my little prince's birthday party to plan.

I naturally went with the princess theme for my girl which is a popular theme as every girl is a princess! And now it's the prince theme for our lil' prince. It's been loads of browsing for party venues, party ideas, party invitations and the whole shingding. All this, mind you, in the midst of my 'online shopping' browsing. Where do I find the time? Well, I suffer from a bad case of insomnia. By the time I put both my kids to sleep, I'm in dire need of someone to help ME to sleep. So I go online and surf,surf,surf...

For my daughter, we celebrated her 1st birthday@Subang National Golf Club or KGNS (Kelab Golf Negara Subang) located in SS7, Kelana Jaya. We are not members at this club but you can rent their hall/ballroom at a non member rate. Recently renovated, the President Hall had suited all our needs. You can look them up at http://www.subanggolf.com/

The cake was from Choffles. We went to the outlet in Sunway. There is another in Damansara Perdana. I was very happy with their service and the cake was what I wanted, although pricey. The people at Choffles are friendly and they gave in to all my requests which were many!! So, I'm definitely going back to them again this time. Look them up at http://www.choffles.com/

We looked high and low for THE dress and finally found not one but many contenders worthy of being THE ONE at Wonder Tots. We went to the branch at Sunway Pyramid. There are other outlets but I forget. The people here too were very friendly and patient as we tried on many many dresses - all the contenders, of course. I have to mention, my princess was an absolute darling during the entire process. We also got her a tiara and a wand.

The invitation was designed by my husband. He combined my favourite designs and made a beautiful card..We took it to a printer and voila! her card was ready. Actually we had to make a few trips to the printers ha,ha.. Then came the task of handing out or posting the cards. I had already made a guest list and grouped them so that helped in making it easier to keep tabs on the invitations.

Food was served buffet style by the caterers we used for our wedding reception; Big Rajah Caterers. (http://www.thebigrajah.com.my/) The person in charge was Mr. Paul and he did a good job. The food was tasty too. Unfortunately, we only got to eat at home because we were busy with the guests.

Right, photography, a good friend of my husbands took the photos for us. We had bulletins as the first part of the birthday party was a prayer meeting to thank the Lord for our bundle of joy and blessing. I used the invitation card design as the cover for the bulletin.

Next, decoration. Ballon Buzz in Section 14 was our go to place. The guy there was uber helpful. He had so many things to handle at times but he would still smile and give his all to every customer. I do hope he's still there. We got out balloon decorations and party packs there. We went once to look around and the second time we ordered. They deliver the decorations if it's above a certain amount. I just can't remember how much.

We did not have clowns or magicians or games as my girl was still small but am looking into these things this time around as she can enjoy them during her lil' brother's birthday.

Party planning sure is tiring and stressful but is filled with much fun and excitement, too...

Update: read about our son's 1derful one here .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...