Sunday, September 23, 2012

I am 30 going on 31....

On September 21, I turned 31.. It was a beautiful day from the beginning until the end. The day before, Hubby would say out loud, "T minus ...hours and .....minutes" depending on how much time was left to 12midnight and it would be my birthday. He would announce it in a loud and deep baritone.. And I would break into girlish giggles with my daughter running around saying, "Happy Birthday Mummy". The children and Hubby had gone out to Secret Recipe and bought a cake. When leaving it with the hotel staff to be delivered to us later, my daughter started crying. Hubby explained to her that it was Mummy's birthday cake and it was a secret and not to tell me. This happened at 6pm. Can you imagine, my daughter NEVER said a word. She never even mentioned the word cake. She would say happy birthday and kiss me and all but nada about the cake. And mind you, she tells me everything. She turns 3 tomorrow and I have to say she keeps a secret better than so many adults I know.

At 12midnight, the hotel staff brought the cake. The F&B manager, Mr Eddie had stayed back and brought 4 other staff. He played the guitar as they sang Happy Birthday! Can you imagine. Such lovely people. Where are we staying? We're at the Best Western Hotel and Residence Sandakan. This is a wonderful hotel and I love it her for many reasons. In total we've stayed here for about 5months now. Mom called and so did my BFF.

The next morning, I found a lovely note that Hubby had written. From work he sent a really, really cute e-mail using lots of emoticons..was awesome.. Once back from work, he took the kids and said he was going to reception to collect something. So, i thought hmm must be balloons or flowers or something...Then, he calls me and asks me to go to a certain room to collect something. I'm thinking hmm he must want me out of the room for this next surprise. The hotel has a spa called Lembah Impian Spa and they just started operation. I was their first customer. That was where Hubby made me go! The bliss of it all.. They were really good and my masseur massaged away my aches and pains...I put my phone in the silent mode -sorry peeps getting myself pampered : )

When I came back to the room, a beautiful hand made card was waiting for me. I love hand made cards! It was made by Hubby and my two kids! I shed tears of happiness as this surpassed any gift... I managed to convince Hubby I didn't want to go out for dinner (I was too content and relaxed after my spa) and so we ordered our favourite pizzas from Pizza Hut... All in all it was a beautiful day and I couldn't have had a better celebration. I thank the Lord for my lovely husband and kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...