Monday, September 10, 2012

Potty Training Diary: Day 1 & 2

So, the day before yesterday was our first day potty training or rather retraining our little cupcake...How was it? Hmm.. It went pretty well. She had only two accidents. Small ones and it was because she was watching her favourite friendly Disney mouse cartoon...

Usually, she would poop in the afternoon but yesterday it was night when she finally pooped....in the toilet! Yippee!!

One interesting thing was that throughout the day she would have false alarms..She had many.. and I mean many.. Gosh, for two days there were so many many false alarms. "Mummy, I need to go to the toilet" she would say in a sing-song manner and run to the toilet.. "Quickly, Mummy" and I would hurry to be there and then..... nada...nothing. When asked where was the shi shi (urine) or kaka (poop) she would say "Ohh..It's gone" in the cutest way.. Aisay little girl no more okay..now mummy knows how firefighters feel when there is a prank call.. (except that this is on a smaller scale)

Come nightfall and it was time to sleep and I started getting jittery. "Am I rushing her?" "Gosh I want this to work so how do I handle this properly" "Have I chosen the most suitable method for her" Sink or swim versus give it time. In the end at the very last moment I decided to go with my instincts and I only put on her diapers when she's nodding off to sleep. I read that as time goes, children start waking up with dry diapers. Okay,  so I'll take it from there. Give her time to adjust...Or is it just me giving me time to adjust? ha,ha..mummies are little girls after all..well at least I am...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...