Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Potty oh Potty

Last December, I thought I'd slowly give potty training a try with my 2 year old. So, I bought the child seat and also a simple pink potty. My daughter usually follows me when I use the loo as is the case with most moms who are alone with little kids. She was asleep when we made the purchase. Once back at the hotel (we were in Sandakan at that time) I showed her both her options and she immediately took a liking to her pink potty. Just like that she would tell me when she wanted to 'shi shi' (urinate) or 'kaka' (poop) and use her simple little pink potty.

 I was amazed...wow could this be too good to be true.. the next few days we only had a couple of shi shi accidents whenever she was too engrossed watching mickey mouse clubhouse. I never did make the move to train her or rather let her train herself for night potty training. After a few months, once we were back in KL, she became shy and would plead with me for her diapers. And I would relent. You see we weren't staying at our place and I read somewhere that change of environment can cause children to fall back to using diapers. Ever since then, she has refused to not wear diapers and I have let her be.

But now..jeng,jeng,jeng...enter mommy with a vengeance. I've already informed my hubby that this Saturday will be D-Day. I need him around to keep my boy away from the training session as my son can only be a viewer as opposed to being a participant or worse an accomplice... What a coincidence that we are back in Sandakan where it all began.. But this time I plan to night train her as well so that she'll forget entirely about her reliable friend..Diapers. Wish me luck!! : )


I came across this book by Alona Frankel called Once Upon a Potty. There is a book for girls and a different one for boys. It explains why and how a little girl/boy uses a potty. There are anatomically-correct plush toys available too; Prudence and Joshua. It is also an  app and of course can be found in DVD form too. Since, my daughter already grasps the concept of potty, I think I'll give this a pass though it looks absolutely adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...